Hello my wonderful students!!! Listen closely...are you listening??? This is your science teacher Ms. Yates. I know, I know. I just saw you a few hours ago. Remember the awesome reminders, updates, and fantasticness that I promised you?? It is here. Yep!! Right here. Remember to check it out daily. The rewards will be worth your time. Assignments that you forgot about or were absent for? Here!! Notes you may have missed?? Here too!!! Announcements?? Yep!! And, fantastic reminders of all the cool stuff we did today...All here and more!! See you tomorrow. Or Monday, if you are so awesome that you are reading this over the weekend.

Friday, August 16, 2013

WOW!!!

What an amazing first week!!!  I am so impressed with all of you.  The level of participation has been fantastic...keep it up!! 

I think that this week's lab focusing on scientific method and observations showed me that you all are ready to tackle any scientific problem that is presented to you this year.  I am looking forward to watching all of you taking a problem and running with it...

Just as a sneak preview, here are some things to look forward to next week...

5th and 6th grade...Metric Olympics!!!  10 events!!!  Get ready to go for the gold!!!

7th and 8th grade...We will be learning all about properties of matter with a grand finale lab   that is too awesome to reveal until Thursday because once know, you will be too excited to do anything else.  I will just say, it will be perfect for the hot weather we have been having :)

Also,  I wanted to complement all of you on the attention that you paid to keeping the room tidy and organized.  YOU ROCK!!!

Have a super, amazing, fantastic weekend and I will see you all Monday :)
 

7 comments:

  1. my favorite was the plastic straw throw i threw it to the wall

    ReplyDelete
  2. name caleb
    I like that we got to measure all that stuff today

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found some science videos in youtube called BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY you should look it up in youtube

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite part of the metric olympics is the big foot contest.

    Jovin

    ReplyDelete
  5. maddie
    i love science and math.
    i love the new programs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrew
    my favorite part was the cotton ball throw because I had to throw lefty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel

    My fvorite part of the Metric Olypics was the paper plate discus. It was my favorite because it was fun to throw and if you throw it a little bit hard, then it would hit the wall and you would get a huge number.

    ReplyDelete