Hello my wonderful students!!! Listen closely...are you listening??? This is your science teacher Ms. Yates. I know, I know. I just saw you a few hours ago. Remember the awesome reminders, updates, and fantasticness that I promised you?? It is here. Yep!! Right here. Remember to check it out daily. The rewards will be worth your time. Assignments that you forgot about or were absent for? Here!! Notes you may have missed?? Here too!!! Announcements?? Yep!! And, fantastic reminders of all the cool stuff we did today...All here and more!! See you tomorrow. Or Monday, if you are so awesome that you are reading this over the weekend.

Monday, September 30, 2013

Owl pellets...day 2

What did you find in your owl pellet day? Were you able to identify specific bones? Were you able to determine what organism may have made up this tasty owl meal? What other clues, besides bones, did you use to make this identification?

9 comments:

  1. Amy

    Today Trevor and I found bird bones and a rodent skull. We were able to identify skulls and ribs. We identified joints. We determined that the bones were birds and there was a rodent skull. We used the bone chart to identify most of our bones. We also identified the animal by the shape of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jovin

    Today Alex and I found many bones of a rodent. There was hair inside the owl pellet. Alex and I finished todays work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well............um I on accidently kept smelling it so that was not so fun but I did find 2 skulls and some ribs and other bones xD

    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristin

    I had a lot of fun because I got to see a rodent, a shrew, and mole bones. I had a lot of fun with Natalie and Issac while doing the project because they are my partners and friends. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. today jovin and I dissected an owls reverse excrement. we found many bones and I made a skeleton

    ReplyDelete
  6. nat

    me, isaac and kristen found lots of ribs(ewww!), arms and legs,(eww!), and back bones,(eww!) we were able to identify each bone with the help of the pictures. we found lots of hair(ewww!) and some dirt or something that was hard(eww!) and it was not a bone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it was fun to find the bird skull but for some reason the jaw was still connected to the skull. The bad part was having to smell the pellet while dissecting it.
    Trevor

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shalyn

    Today me and Devin found some bird parts and mole! We knew what some of the bones were but some we did not. I think are owl might have eaten a mole, bird and maybe a rat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. maddie

    today Andrew and I found a part of a mole and tons of bones from a rodent. plus it had fur in it so yah. Andrew and I finished todays work and all we have to do is do a replica of it.
    luv experiment on dissecting owl pellets and I washed my hands so many times I think they are very clean. anyway see you tomorrow Ms. yates.

    ReplyDelete