Hello my wonderful students!!! Listen closely...are you listening??? This is your science teacher Ms. Yates. I know, I know. I just saw you a few hours ago. Remember the awesome reminders, updates, and fantasticness that I promised you?? It is here. Yep!! Right here. Remember to check it out daily. The rewards will be worth your time. Assignments that you forgot about or were absent for? Here!! Notes you may have missed?? Here too!!! Announcements?? Yep!! And, fantastic reminders of all the cool stuff we did today...All here and more!! See you tomorrow. Or Monday, if you are so awesome that you are reading this over the weekend.

Friday, September 20, 2013

Dutiful detritivores delightedly decompose detritus daily

Detritivores? Detritus?? Can YOU tell me what those words mean???

10 comments:

  1. Brooke

    Hi Ms. Yates! Today I learned that redworms are detritus worms, which are grinders, a type of decomposed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke

    I can't wait to see the redworms again! Say hi to them for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke
    Hmm, let's see....
    Actually, I DO know what you mean!! Detritus are waste such as fur and scar, and detritivores eat detritus!! That good enough?

    ReplyDelete
  4. it was awesome how we go to learn about redworms and things :):)
    SUPERHERO SWAG MASTER

    ReplyDelete
  5. pragathi
    Hi mrs.yates! say hi to the redworms for me!! i learnt that red worms are grinders!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. pragathi

    detritivores are things like termites that eat detritus, which is waste like dead plants and animals. By the way, i like your "Dutiful detritivores delightedly decompose detritus daily"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brooke
    Today I learned that............
    REDWORMS LIKE, wait I mean LOVE OUR KITCHEN WASTE AND NATURAL LITTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ashley
    Detritivores are animals that feed on dead, organic matter. AKA REDWORMS!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brooke
    This chapter was about ecosystems, living and nonliving systems, food chains and food webs, matter and energy, detritus and detritivores, carnivores, herbivores, and omnivores, and decomposers, producers, and consumers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alyssa
    Today I learned that redworms- INTERFERANCE! THIS IS THU REDWORMS! WEE LUV KICHEN WAST ! - Love kitchen waste.

    ReplyDelete