Hello my wonderful students!!! Listen closely...are you listening??? This is your science teacher Ms. Yates. I know, I know. I just saw you a few hours ago. Remember the awesome reminders, updates, and fantasticness that I promised you?? It is here. Yep!! Right here. Remember to check it out daily. The rewards will be worth your time. Assignments that you forgot about or were absent for? Here!! Notes you may have missed?? Here too!!! Announcements?? Yep!! And, fantastic reminders of all the cool stuff we did today...All here and more!! See you tomorrow. Or Monday, if you are so awesome that you are reading this over the weekend.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Mass lab 7th and 8th

Great work today!!!  Take home messages today...difference between mass and weight and the difference between direct and derived measurements.
 
Remember homework for tonight is to finish calculations and your conclusion paragraph.
 
Extra credit if you post in comments about either of these.
 
See you tomorrow!!!
 
Ms. Yates

6 comments:

  1. Andrew Eugenio

    This was an awesome experiement. I learned so much about the metric system and its simplicity. I LUV science class. Keep it up Mrs. Yates. You are making our lives a lot more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew Eugenio

    I learned about derived measurements and direct measurements, making my homework easier

    #I<3SCIENCE

    ReplyDelete
  3. riley:)

    I learned about dirived quantitives and direct quantitives. Dirived quantitives is when you subtract or add to find the measure ment from another measurement. Direct quantitive is when you find the measuring by balancing it with weights. this is what i learned today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hanna,

    Today I learned about derived and direct measurements. The difference is that derived is using other measurements to calculate mass, in this case. And, direct is measuring the "equation" physically.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Troy K.,

    Today I learned about direct derived measurements. When you use the direct measurements it is exact. When you use derived measurement it is using other means to figure out the mass. This is just one of the many things I learned today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicole,
    I learned the difference between direct and derived measurements. Direct measurements are measurements that you measured. Derived measurements are calculated measurements based on a direct measurement.

    ReplyDelete