Hello my wonderful students!!! Listen closely...are you listening??? This is your science teacher Ms. Yates. I know, I know. I just saw you a few hours ago. Remember the awesome reminders, updates, and fantasticness that I promised you?? It is here. Yep!! Right here. Remember to check it out daily. The rewards will be worth your time. Assignments that you forgot about or were absent for? Here!! Notes you may have missed?? Here too!!! Announcements?? Yep!! And, fantastic reminders of all the cool stuff we did today...All here and more!! See you tomorrow. Or Monday, if you are so awesome that you are reading this over the weekend.

Monday, September 15, 2014

California Drought Evidence

These are some pictures pictures I took today of upper lake where highway 101 meets highway 20.  Do some research of your own to tell me why these pictures are so dramatic.  And, yes, that is a dock in several of the pictures.  What are you doing to conserve water today?

13 comments:

  1. Some things i am doing to conserve water is taking shorter baths, washing my hands quickly, and not drinking too much water.
    -sanjana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am conserving water by not watering plants with extra water and saving water to wait for the water to warm up in the shower.

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today, when I conserve water, I get a large bucket and whenever i take a shower i use the bucket. Olivia.G

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think so because the water level is so low that the dock doesn't even reach the shore. To conserve water I use the same bath water a my sister.
    -Zachary

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't water our yard as often as before. We wash our hands and brush our teeth as quick as we can. We load the washing machine and dish washer full, then use it.

    -Deniz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I conserve water by remembering to turn the sink off when I brush my teeth. I also don't use extra water when I water the plants in backyard. -Savannah

    ReplyDelete
  7. use less water! es importante

    from anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  8. I conserve water by not drinking a lot of water, using the same bath water my brother was using, and not letting the water run while I'm brushing my teeth.
    -Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am conserving water by taking a short shower. I also don't drink tons of water.
    Allen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will lower shower time, and not drink much water,
    sebastian

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are dramatic pictures because it shows there is a huge drought as the dock is not close to the water. I conserve water by taking short baths and don't leave tap running for long when brushing or washing my hands.


    Gaurav S

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I took my bath on Saturday, I used the water from the bath to water the plants outside. I try to limit water when I brush my teeth and take showers. We have let the lawn in the front of the house go brown and are only watering the trees and bushes twice a week.

    Jauren P

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think these pictures are dramatic because the water is very shallow. I conserve water by taking shorter showers, turning of the faucet while brushing teeth, and watering plants with less water.
    Farhat A.

    ReplyDelete