Hello my wonderful students!!! Listen closely...are you listening??? This is your science teacher Ms. Yates. I know, I know. I just saw you a few hours ago. Remember the awesome reminders, updates, and fantasticness that I promised you?? It is here. Yep!! Right here. Remember to check it out daily. The rewards will be worth your time. Assignments that you forgot about or were absent for? Here!! Notes you may have missed?? Here too!!! Announcements?? Yep!! And, fantastic reminders of all the cool stuff we did today...All here and more!! See you tomorrow. Or Monday, if you are so awesome that you are reading this over the weekend.

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Leaf Classification

What three types of leaves did we learn about today and what are their main characteristics that allow you to tell them apart? Here's a BIG hint...they all start with a P :)

4 comments:

  1. Maria
    The three leaves we learned about today in class were pinnates, paralells, and palmates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In leaf classifications, I had a fun time identifying my very unique leaves. I learned about 3 types of leaves. One has a basic vein with veins coming out. One has all parallel veins. The last one has five basic veins with veins coming out. I forgot the names. This was a fun experiment. #auhona

    ReplyDelete
  3. parallel pinnate and palmate! Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  4. The leaves names are parallel, pinnate, and palmate. A pinnate leaf has one main vein and smaller veins coming out of the main vein. A parallel leaf has parallel veins running through the leaf. A palmate leaf has 5 main veins and smaller veins coming out of the 5 main veins.
    #Sourav

    ReplyDelete