Hello my wonderful students!!! Listen closely...are you listening??? This is your science teacher Ms. Yates. I know, I know. I just saw you a few hours ago. Remember the awesome reminders, updates, and fantasticness that I promised you?? It is here. Yep!! Right here. Remember to check it out daily. The rewards will be worth your time. Assignments that you forgot about or were absent for? Here!! Notes you may have missed?? Here too!!! Announcements?? Yep!! And, fantastic reminders of all the cool stuff we did today...All here and more!! See you tomorrow. Or Monday, if you are so awesome that you are reading this over the weekend.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Cold and Warm Front Animation

Please click on the link below and watch the animations for cold and warm fronts.  After viewing, what type of clouds would you expect to see produced from an approaching cold front?  Warm front?

Cold and Warm Front Animation

10 comments:

  1. Why does the air move up on the warm front.


    DEVIN AKA EMRALDDRAGON

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would expect to see a cloud close to the ground when a cold front is moving and when a warm front is moving, I would expect a dark gray cloud up higher off the ground.
























    ROCKPENGUIN

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROCKPENGUIN = SOPHIA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not know that air could move like that and how warm and cool ir move below or on top of each other!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  5. So if a cold air mass goes into a warm air mass it makes cumulonimbus and when the other way around there is cirrus stratus and many more small clouds. I like how you have to press a button on the website and then it shows it.

    Trevor or NitroDemon
    they didn't have NitroDemon in the dictionary on my computer so I had to add it.
    And what is up with everyone making nicknames. I guess Devin started a whole new thing that I am now in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i would expect to see when the weather is warm, the clouds would be higher. i would expect to see lower clouds when it is colder.

    natalie adamson

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi this is Amy aka Spike (on Clash of Clans)

    I would expect to see cirrus and stratus clouds when a warm air mass goes into a cold air mass. If it were the other way around I would expect to see cumulonimbus clouds.

    BYE MS. YATES!! :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ICE lower clouds
    higher clouds
    The one and only DeClueLE55
    -Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  9. When there is a warm front I would expect clouds such as cirrus and cirrostratus clouds. When there is a cold front I would expect to see cumulonimbus clouds.

    Jovin
    ( WE NEED TO START ON OUR SCIENCE NIGHT POSTERS!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Caleb

    I was sick today and i wanted see what was vocabulary bingo was.

    ReplyDelete