Hello my wonderful students!!! Listen closely...are you listening??? This is your science teacher Ms. Yates. I know, I know. I just saw you a few hours ago. Remember the awesome reminders, updates, and fantasticness that I promised you?? It is here. Yep!! Right here. Remember to check it out daily. The rewards will be worth your time. Assignments that you forgot about or were absent for? Here!! Notes you may have missed?? Here too!!! Announcements?? Yep!! And, fantastic reminders of all the cool stuff we did today...All here and more!! See you tomorrow. Or Monday, if you are so awesome that you are reading this over the weekend.

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Anemometers

Not much data to collect on this fairly calm wind day...hopefully by the end of the week we will see our anemometers in full swing. What factors may affect the data we collect about wind speed?

8 comments:

  1. maddie
    i loved to make and build the lab today
    #yolo cups maddie, sophia, and shalyn
    this is my groups name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making the Anemometer was really fun!!! I learned that you measure the wind speed with it.Also the bill nye video was really fun and cool!!

    from, shay shay (shalyn)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what do you mean by factors?

    Sophia who is confused

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sophia...when I say what factors, I am saying what kinds of things can affect the how well our anemometer actually works. Try to remember what we discussed in class today. Why would the anemometer you made not tell you the precise speed of the wind?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi this is Amy ;)

    The kinds of things that can affect how well our anemometer actually works is if the pencil is to tight so the anemometer won't spin and if the cups are tilted in different directions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caleb

    I like when we made anemometer i didn't know it was that easy to make a anemometer. In our group we accident poke too many holes on one cups that was only be one not two.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Devin
    It stinks that they didn't spin

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved making a easy fun way to make an anemometer. I didn't realize how easy it is.

    ReplyDelete