Hello my wonderful students!!! Listen closely...are you listening??? This is your science teacher Ms. Yates. I know, I know. I just saw you a few hours ago. Remember the awesome reminders, updates, and fantasticness that I promised you?? It is here. Yep!! Right here. Remember to check it out daily. The rewards will be worth your time. Assignments that you forgot about or were absent for? Here!! Notes you may have missed?? Here too!!! Announcements?? Yep!! And, fantastic reminders of all the cool stuff we did today...All here and more!! See you tomorrow. Or Monday, if you are so awesome that you are reading this over the weekend.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Wheat Plant Switch...

What do YOU predict will happen when we switch plants grown in the light to the dark and plants grown in the dark to the light?

5 comments:

  1. My hypothesis is that if we switch our wheat plants that grow in the dark into the light and the wheat plants that grow in the light into the dark then the dark plants in the light will slowly start turning a little bit greener while the light plants in the dark will either stay the same or start to wither.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I predict that the light plants will turn yellow and the dark plants will turn green.
    Pragathi

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hypothesis is that the results will be the same as last time except delayed. I think that because it will be put into a different container that both plants will not be used to. I think that the new plants in the dark will/would've survived longer because they are already healthy but will obviously eventually die.I think that the new plants in the light will/would've survived a lesser time than the older plants in the light because they are already weak and every plant has to die. Also the new plants in the DARK will have less clorophyll than the new plants in the light....................AVINASH!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that they will grow green and the ones from the light will stay green because they run on reserved energy. Can i feed the frogs tommorow after class?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I predict the wheat seeds that are being switched from the light to the dark will grow for some time but then they will wither away because they will used the energy that was stored for some time, until it runs out. I think the wheat seeds that were switched from the dark to the light will grow because they are getting sunlight. Science was super fun today!!

    Sourav

    ReplyDelete