Hello my wonderful students!!! Listen closely...are you listening??? This is your science teacher Ms. Yates. I know, I know. I just saw you a few hours ago. Remember the awesome reminders, updates, and fantasticness that I promised you?? It is here. Yep!! Right here. Remember to check it out daily. The rewards will be worth your time. Assignments that you forgot about or were absent for? Here!! Notes you may have missed?? Here too!!! Announcements?? Yep!! And, fantastic reminders of all the cool stuff we did today...All here and more!! See you tomorrow. Or Monday, if you are so awesome that you are reading this over the weekend.

Monday, October 21, 2013

SHOCKING RESULTS?!?!

Why were the wheat seeds grown in the dark....

wait for it.....

LIGHT BROWN???

I knew what was going to happen and I even got the WOW face!!!

What makes plants green anyway??  Knowing what YOU know about how plants get their food, where do you these plants, grown in the dark, are getting the food necessary to grow?  What test would you like to try next with our wheat plants to find more information?
 

10 comments:

  1. I think the dark plants have a different color because the dark plants are producing different food than the light is. I think another way to experiment on the wheat seeds is that we put the dark plants in the sunlight. And, I'm sorry if I didn't respond to your other comment. I will check it out tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel,
    I think the bags in the dark have a different color than the light bags are because of chlorophyll. It also effects the color because of the different environments. Scientist out again.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the dark plants have a different color because the plants in the dark are producing different food than the light is. I would like to see what would happen if you put the plants in the light from the classroom.
    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the plants in the dark bag were the yellow-brown color because plants produce chlorophyll to absorb the sun's nutrients which wasn't necessary in this condition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pragathi
    The seeds that grew in the dark are darks brown because they are missing chlorophyll. I would grow another batch of seeds, but completely in the dark to see if the plants are really missing chlorophyll. a test i would try next would be that one is watered with regular water,(control) and another plant with salt water.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brooke
    The seeds that grew in the light are green because they had sun and light, so there was chlorophyll, while the ones in the dark did not have any light so there was no chlorophyll to make the wheat green....but I thought wheat is supposed to be golden brownish. Anyway, I think next time we should try what Pragathi said AND also we should do one with water and light, one with water but no light, one with no light and no water, and one with light with no water to see which one would grow tallest. We also should try one with no light but with water versus one with no light and no water. We also should try one with light and water versus one with light but no water. Thank you Ms. Yates for making a fun lab. SCIENCE ROCKS......AND MS. YATES ROCKS AS A SCIENCE TEACHER! Yes...I know I was writing that in all caps lock. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. The seeds that grew in the dark are dark brown because they are missing chlorophyll.i would grow another batch of seeds but completely in the dark to see if the plants are really missing chlorophyll a test i would try next would be that one is watered with regular water control and another plant with salt water

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was brown because the plant has no nutrition from the sun it uses it nutrient from the soil and water.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ariana
    I learned that they got food from their seed to grow then they died. INTRESTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Trinity Makil
    The thing that turns plants green is chlorophyll. The ones in the dark could not get chlorophyll because chlorophyll comes from the sun.

    ReplyDelete