Hello my wonderful students!!! Listen closely...are you listening??? This is your science teacher Ms. Yates. I know, I know. I just saw you a few hours ago. Remember the awesome reminders, updates, and fantasticness that I promised you?? It is here. Yep!! Right here. Remember to check it out daily. The rewards will be worth your time. Assignments that you forgot about or were absent for? Here!! Notes you may have missed?? Here too!!! Announcements?? Yep!! And, fantastic reminders of all the cool stuff we did today...All here and more!! See you tomorrow. Or Monday, if you are so awesome that you are reading this over the weekend.

Thursday, September 25, 2014

More on Painted Lady Larvae

Click here to read more about the Painted Lady

In the comments, tell me what you learned about the larvae we are studying?

10 comments:

  1. Deeksha D.
    I learned that the painted lady will look like monarchs when they are butterflies. I also learned that they give off a silky web for their property and food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned that the larvae lay their eggs on leaves and that their eggs are yellow and black ridges on them.
    -Sanjana

    ReplyDelete
  3. i learned that painted lady larvae create webs to store foods. Olivia.G

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learned that they eat mallow and hollyhock leaves. They can also eat sunflowers and soybeans.
    Allen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learned that they are the most distributed butterfly in the world.
    -Zachary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I learned that Painted Lady Lavas could accidentally eat different plants including sunflowers and soybeans.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I learned that when they are caterpillars, they have black, yellow, and white stripes on its body and have orange, black, and white wings when they are butterflies.
    -Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I learned that painted lady larvae mainly eat food hosts and a wide variety of leaves and plants.

    Jauren P.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I learned that they go through 4 generations to fully migrate back and forth. They shed skin a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I learned that the painted lady larvae when becomes a butterfly, will have a wing span from 5-9 inches ! I also learned that they migrate to mexico in winter from Canada.When it is a larvae they make silk webs from eating leaves.

    Gaurav.S

    ReplyDelete