Hello my wonderful students!!! Listen closely...are you listening??? This is your science teacher Ms. Yates. I know, I know. I just saw you a few hours ago. Remember the awesome reminders, updates, and fantasticness that I promised you?? It is here. Yep!! Right here. Remember to check it out daily. The rewards will be worth your time. Assignments that you forgot about or were absent for? Here!! Notes you may have missed?? Here too!!! Announcements?? Yep!! And, fantastic reminders of all the cool stuff we did today...All here and more!! See you tomorrow. Or Monday, if you are so awesome that you are reading this over the weekend.

Friday, October 16, 2015

25 Strangest Geological Formations On Earth

Of the 25 strangest geological formations in this video, which 3 are your favorite, why, and how did they form?


2 comments:

  1. My 3 favorite geological formations, are the Arizona Wave, the twelve Apostles, and Sahara Albaida. I like the Arizona Wave, because the ripples in the sand, goes well with the name, and I find the look very interesting. I like the twelve Apostles, because of how its formation turned out. I like the Sahara Albaida, because it's very pretty pearl white color, and the mushroom like formation.
    Arizona Wave- Sandstone formation. It didn't say why it was formed like that, but I think it was because of erosion.
    Gibston Steps-Erosion. Harsh weather conditions from the Southern ocean eroded soft limestone to form caves in the cliffs, and turned to arches.
    Sahara Albaida-Occasional sandstorms in area.
    -Alicia B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. retyping in case iPhone post didn't work...

    My three favorites were:
    1. Devil's tower
    2. Chocolate hills
    3. The Wave

    I like them because they are cool, interesting, and very unique.

    Devil's tower was formed underground by hot magma that crystallized, then was brought up by erosion of rocks during several eons.

    Chocolate hills formation is unclear, although one theory is myth about a buffalo.

    Finally, the Wave was formed by water erosion carving into it since the Jurassic age.
    Then, water formed basins that cut deep into the sandstone walls, and then continued by wind erosion.

    -SebastianH

    ReplyDelete