Hello my wonderful students!!! Listen closely...are you listening??? This is your science teacher Ms. Yates. I know, I know. I just saw you a few hours ago. Remember the awesome reminders, updates, and fantasticness that I promised you?? It is here. Yep!! Right here. Remember to check it out daily. The rewards will be worth your time. Assignments that you forgot about or were absent for? Here!! Notes you may have missed?? Here too!!! Announcements?? Yep!! And, fantastic reminders of all the cool stuff we did today...All here and more!! See you tomorrow. Or Monday, if you are so awesome that you are reading this over the weekend.

Monday, April 13, 2015

Chemistry in a Bag

What were you able to determine by doing the experiments in a bag that you were not able to determine by doing the experiment in a cup?

3 comments:

  1. I was able to determine that some of the reactions produced much more gas than others and some produced more heat than I thought, which could be concluded by testing the reactions in bags, rather than in cups. The reason for this is that in cups, the gas is released through the opening in the top of the cup, while when we expirimented with bags, we sealed the bag, ensuring that the gas production is visible and that the coolness or heat is preserved long enough for us to observe it and understand it. This was one of the best labs in the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was able to determine which bags produced more gas than others. Using bags was way more helpful to get more information about the chemical reaction than cups especially with how much gas. It helped because in cups, the gas went out the top of the cup but the bags were sealed so no air could go out. We could easily see how much gas was produced.
    Allen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a cool experiment and I think next year the other students will enjoy it and have lot of fun!
    P.S. I'm in the top photo!
    -Savannah :)

    ReplyDelete