Hello my wonderful students!!! Listen closely...are you listening??? This is your science teacher Ms. Yates. I know, I know. I just saw you a few hours ago. Remember the awesome reminders, updates, and fantasticness that I promised you?? It is here. Yep!! Right here. Remember to check it out daily. The rewards will be worth your time. Assignments that you forgot about or were absent for? Here!! Notes you may have missed?? Here too!!! Announcements?? Yep!! And, fantastic reminders of all the cool stuff we did today...All here and more!! See you tomorrow. Or Monday, if you are so awesome that you are reading this over the weekend.

Monday, August 11, 2014

Welcome to Middle School 6th Grade!

What a great first day!  I was so excited to see all of you back for middle school.  Today we started the famous "All Tied Up" activity, in order to show the value of using the scientific method in solving a problem.  Was your first hypothesis correct?  Why is it important to not consider an experiment a failure even if your hypothesis is wrong?

6 comments:

  1. Anica
    My first Hypothesis was incorrect because we just got even more tangled up.
    It is important to know you didn't have a failure because you taught someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ariana
    How do you get untied?????? It is very frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, my first hypothesis was not correct because me and Kaitlin were still tied together. It is important to not consider something that does not work a failure because as long as you learn something, nothing is a failure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley
    None of my hypothesis's where correct.I was completely stumped. Its ok because now i know how to get lose if I ever get tied up or handcuffed to another person.:) Thank you for this amazing first experiment of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashley
    Oh ya and its important to not consider failure in an experiment because then you would never learn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ms. Yates!
    This is your old student. :)
    I really miss having science class with you! Im in 6th grade now and im moving to Arkansas. Im seeing all the fun experiments you're doing with your class and im trying to replicate them. I really miss being your student! I wont say who I am but you can probably guess. :) I don't care if you post this or not, I just wanted to tell you what a great science teacher you are! (my new one isn't NEARLY as awesome) Bye!

    ReplyDelete