Hello my wonderful students!!! Listen closely...are you listening??? This is your science teacher Ms. Yates. I know, I know. I just saw you a few hours ago. Remember the awesome reminders, updates, and fantasticness that I promised you?? It is here. Yep!! Right here. Remember to check it out daily. The rewards will be worth your time. Assignments that you forgot about or were absent for? Here!! Notes you may have missed?? Here too!!! Announcements?? Yep!! And, fantastic reminders of all the cool stuff we did today...All here and more!! See you tomorrow. Or Monday, if you are so awesome that you are reading this over the weekend.

Friday, September 6, 2013

The Incredible Shrinking Marshmallow

Hopefully today's lab gave you all a memorable visual of Boyle's Law...when temperature remains constant, pressure and volume have an inverse relationship. Increased pressure...decreases volume. Decreased pressure...increases volume.

2 comments:

  1. Nicole,
    This was my favorite lab because I thought it was cool how a marshmallow shrunk without any physical pressure on the object but rather the force of air pressure. This also helped me understand boylers law farther then my previous knowledge of the law itself. To make the experiment have more effect on me, personally, I would suggest taking other anonymous objects such as a rock, foam cube, ect. and seeing what happens when you put those in the syringe. See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this project because it helped further my comprehension of boyle's law. It helped me understand the connection between pressure and gas. On a much less important area of the lab, it was fun andtingled my thumb while the marshmallow's face shrunk.

    Andrew Eugenio

    ReplyDelete