Hello my wonderful students!!! Listen closely...are you listening??? This is your science teacher Ms. Yates. I know, I know. I just saw you a few hours ago. Remember the awesome reminders, updates, and fantasticness that I promised you?? It is here. Yep!! Right here. Remember to check it out daily. The rewards will be worth your time. Assignments that you forgot about or were absent for? Here!! Notes you may have missed?? Here too!!! Announcements?? Yep!! And, fantastic reminders of all the cool stuff we did today...All here and more!! See you tomorrow. Or Monday, if you are so awesome that you are reading this over the weekend.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Bagged Leaves Observations

Were you surprised by today's results?  What could we have done to control more variables and get more reliable results?
 
Here are the analysis questions and conclusion paragraph format if you did not get a chance to finish is class...
 
1.  What did you observe in the bag surrounding a bunch of living leaves?
2.  Where did the moisture in the bag come from?
3.  Were the leaves dry after being in the bag for a day?
4.  Why did out results vary from group to group?  What could we have done to control more variables?
 
Conclusion Paragraph Format
What did we do?
What was your hypothesis?
What did you observe?
Was your hypothesis supported/not supported?
What did you learn?
 

3 comments:

  1. -Alicia: Extra Credit
    Yes, I was surprised of today's results. We could have put them in the light or where the shade was.
    Answers:
    1. I observed in the bag water droplets and pieces of dirt on the side of the bag.
    2.The moisture in the bag came from the leaves making photosynthesis.
    3. No, the leaves were not dry after being in the bag for a day.
    4. Our results varied from group to group because some were in the light and the shade, didn't get as much water droplets as others and some were different temperatures. We could have put them in different areas or trees.
    Conclusion:
    -We put branches of leaves on trees in bags, then tied the top together with a piece of string.
    -My hypothesis was that I thought the branches of leaves would die, from being in the bags.
    -I observed tons of water droplets, water vapor and small pieces of dirt on the side of the bags.
    -Unfortunately, my hypothesis was not supported.
    -I learned about the photosynthesis, that the leaves on the branches of the trees were making in the bags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was amazed because someone or something was rude and took our bag off. Used the same plants and same number and size of leaves. The bag had a lot of water and the leaves were all wet. Water vapor and the leaves. no in most of the bags the leaves were wet but some of them in the sun might of been wet. everyone choose a different plant and a lot of leaves or only one or bigger/ smaller leaves.in this project we put living leaves or plants in bags to see what would happen.my hypothesis was that I thought all the plants or leaves were going to die. I observed that ours was gone and that other peoples had a lot of water vapor in them and they choose varied spots. My hypothesis was not supported because none of the plants died. I leaned that it is very cool when you get a live demonstration of the outdoors and the many ways plants survive. thank you Ms. Yates!!!
    - Jauren Yes I did this all by myself!!! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was very suprised by today's results. I thought there would be more carbon dioxide and water droplets, but there was more water vapor. Some different variables we could test would be; putting the same amount of leaves in each bag, watering the plants the same amount of water, all the plants get the same amount of sunlight,etc. Those would give us more reliable results. -Sanjana

    ReplyDelete