Hello my wonderful students!!! Listen closely...are you listening??? This is your science teacher Ms. Yates. I know, I know. I just saw you a few hours ago. Remember the awesome reminders, updates, and fantasticness that I promised you?? It is here. Yep!! Right here. Remember to check it out daily. The rewards will be worth your time. Assignments that you forgot about or were absent for? Here!! Notes you may have missed?? Here too!!! Announcements?? Yep!! And, fantastic reminders of all the cool stuff we did today...All here and more!! See you tomorrow. Or Monday, if you are so awesome that you are reading this over the weekend.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Reaction Products Investigation

What do you think you will see in your evaporation dish tomorrow? How will you determine if the white precipitate is baking soda or some other substance?

8 comments:

  1. Quinn, in the dish tomorrow in think we will see the same thing, just dry. We can test if it is baking soda by adding citric acid, see if the same reaction happens. I think that it isn;'t baking soda because when it fizzed the water was white like the chemicals and i guess that the baking soda exploded creating a new chemical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the same thing but the chemicals will dissolve. The white stuff is RXH. A new chemical mixed with the chemicals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel
    I think that we will see small crystals. How determine that the mystery substance is baking soda is by wafting the substance while putting citric acid and mix it with the mystery substance. If there are no bubbles, then it is not baking soda, but if there are bubbles, then it is baking soda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I will see hard rocks from the chemicals in the dish tomorrow.
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  5. What do you think you will see in your evaporation dish tomorrow?

    The precipitant.
    Stella Lampe
    How will you determine if the white precipitate is baking soda or some other substance?

    By putting it in calcium chloride

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the dish tomorrow I believe I will see the same liquid that we put in. We can test if the white stuff at the bottom of the cup is baking soda or some other substance by doing the same reaction and seeing if it makes the same reaction. Then you extract it and react it to the same things. That is how you figure out what substance is at the bottom of the cup.

    Sourav

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pragathi
    I think I will not see anything because I don't think any of the chemicals we used had salt content. I will determine if the precipitate is baking soda or some other substance by adding another chemical and water to it to see if any reaction happens. If it fizzes, it is definitely baking soda.

    ReplyDelete