Hello my wonderful students!!! Listen closely...are you listening??? This is your science teacher Ms. Yates. I know, I know. I just saw you a few hours ago. Remember the awesome reminders, updates, and fantasticness that I promised you?? It is here. Yep!! Right here. Remember to check it out daily. The rewards will be worth your time. Assignments that you forgot about or were absent for? Here!! Notes you may have missed?? Here too!!! Announcements?? Yep!! And, fantastic reminders of all the cool stuff we did today...All here and more!! See you tomorrow. Or Monday, if you are so awesome that you are reading this over the weekend.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Physical and Chemical Changes Lab

CH, CH, CH CH CH, CH CH CH CH, CH CH......Honestly, I have lit a match before!!!!
 
Great work today!!!  No fire alarm....huge sigh of relief.  I think my favorite part was watching you smell the vinegar/ chalk reaction (insert evil laugh here :)  Also, I loved the extra experiments you thought to try and thoroughly appreciate all of you getting prior permission before your attempt. 
 
Remember the take home message...Chemical changes form a new substance, with new properties.  In physical changes, only the form of the substance changes. 
 

Observing the candle
 
Chalk and Vinegar
Heating the sucrose
 
Best reaction ever!!!

7 comments:

  1. Hanna,

    That smelt horrible with a capital H! I can't believe that Sammy and I would have thought vinegar and chalk mixed together would smell good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. vinager and chalk smell horrible!!!!

    jacob b

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole,
    The vinegar and chalk smelt bad how could you say that Hanna. :) I liked lighting the matches! That was so fun I don't even know why. I am glad I got to learn how and can't wait to see the pictures of Riley and I lighting them for the first time. LOL :) Can't wait for tomorrow. Any more experiments planed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. putting the sugar over the fire smelt so good!

    ~Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Riley

    Todays lad was a blast!I have to say that the vinegar and chalk smelt horrible, though the experiments were fun. I light my first match!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least you all got to leave after...I had to endure the smell of vinegar and matches ALL DAY LONG!!!

    @ Nicole...More experiments??? I do have a super tasty one planned for tomorrow or Friday

    Glad you all enjoyed :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Riley

    This is my favorite lab because I got to light a match for my very first time!! If I could change this lab I would roast a marshmallow and then eat it to see the difference:) I would also light a match a couple more times. This was an awesome lab!!!!!

    ReplyDelete